Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Family Priority Goals

I've been putting some thought into what would be realistic goals for us over 2018.

  • 2018 will be the year I finally do a strict pull up, do a box jump in Crossfit.
  • I will nourish myself with a lot of water, protein (moderation) and vegetables.
  • I will make more time for rest, reading (even more than in 2017).
  • I will recharge my batteries by resting, massage (I'd like to at least get in a handful of massages this year).
  • This year I will open my heart to my kids.
  • I will pay more attention to my family.
  • I will learn more about:
    1. Taking care of my houseplants.
    2. Sophie's upcoming school years (courses, extra curricular, etc).
    3. Amsterdam (our holiday destination this summer).
    4. I'd like to learn some basic calligraphy.  I've all but "retired" from scrapbooking but I still have a desire to do something creative (besides photography which feels quite technical to me).
  • I will release my attachment to the past. It isn't working for me.
  • I wish for 2018 to feel strong (even physically stronger than 2017). Lighter in spirit, full of wonder, fresh and new.
  • This year I will say NO to being overextended with kids' activities.  I know I think about this every year.  I will also say YES to cutting back on line shopping.  I don't have a problem with this, but having to make returns when things don't work out makes me stressed.
  • This year I will say YES to more joy.

No comments: