Sunday, April 23, 2017

HRT

After about a year of feeling horrible, with hot flashes, low energy and some brain fog, I asked my doctor last week if I would be a candidate for hormone replacement therapy (HRT).  We talked about the pros and the cons, and the big study back in the early 2000s that prompted many women to stop taking hormone replacement therapy to ease their menopausal symptoms. We decided the relatively small risk for me was something I was willing to take for a better quality of life.

I have only been on the very low dose of estradiol and progesterone for two days, but I can already say that my hot flashes have been reduced.  I went from having 10-12 a day, to around 2-3 (so far).  I never thought I would want to be on hormones, but because I am feeling quite a bit better in a relatively short period of time, I am quite supportive of any woman who talks to her doctor and decides to do this.

On an unrelated not, Fynn had an awesome couple of soccer games in Kamloops this weekend. Pictures below.





No comments: