Saturday, January 17, 2009

what can you buy for $400?

I joined a clothing club in September. Basically each member (we have 8) contributes $50 each month. One person's name is drawn each month and they win the pot (or $400). I won it last month so I got to do some Boxing Week shopping for new clothes.

I focused on work clothes, since that is where the bulk of my time is spent and I like to invest in some decent things that will last for awhile. I purchased the following:

Mexx cardigan;
Mexx short sleeve sweater;
Mexx top;
Mexx necklance and a bracelet;
Mexx camisole (I like Mexx as it fits me well, lasts and their styles are modern yet not over the top)
Rickis dress pants;
Rickis sweater;
Areosoles pumps (last season) from Shoe Warehouse;
and Franco Sarto mini boots at 40% off.

I hosted the group last night at our house. Vic made some very tasty Caramel Apple Martinis. Yum

2 comments:

Katy said...

I immediately looked up Mexx, but it's not State-side. Bummer ;)
Sounds like fun shopping!
Is everyone "guaranteed" $ every 8 months, or is totally random?

Susie said...

OOH- that sounds better than Bunco!